4 ears of corn, shaved and scraped
1 cup milk
1 cup fresh masa
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 each, red, green and yellow peppers, finely diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 each, scallions minced
4 ears corn, roasted and shucked
1 tbl butter, softened
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 each white onion, julienne and lightly sauteed
1 cup bbq sauce (recipe below)
1.5 cups roasted chicken, shredded
2-3 tbl avocado salad (recipe follows)
1 tbl. cilantro cream (recipe follows)
4-5 each cilantro sprigs
- Mix the scraped corn and milk masa, salt and pepper in a sauce pot and cook on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the stove and allow to cool slightly.
- Fold in the fine diced peppers and scallions
- Mix the butter and baking soda together and fold into the pancake mixture. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Form into 1.5 to 2 oz patties. Cook on medium heat griddle with butter until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Saute the onions, chicken and BBQ sauce together
- Place the pancake down on the plate first. Top with 2-3 tbls of avocado salad and then 2 oz of the chicken mixture. Lace with the cilantro cream and cilantro sprigs. Add a dollop of Cilantro Cream Fraiche.
1/4 cup white onion, minced
1 tablspoon fresh lime juice
1 medium tomato, cored and diced 1/4"
2 medium ripe avocados, chunked
1 each serrano chili, finely minced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Mix the onions and lime juice together and set aside while preparing the remainder of the ingredients
- Combine the remainder of the ingredients together in a bowl, reserving the chilies.
- Add the chilies as needed for taste. Add this mixture to the onions mixture and season to taste. Cover and refrigerate approximately 1/2 to 1 hour before serving so all the flavors have a chance to develop
Makes 2 cups
3/4 cup chili sauce
1/3 cup molasses
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
1/2 each Anaheim chili, seeded and cut into 1" pieces
1/4 each green pepper, seeded and cut into 1" pieces
1/2 can chipotle in adobo sauce
1/4 cup fresh chives, minced
1/2 fresh horseradish, peeled and grated
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chives and horseradish, in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat an dput the sauce through a fine strainer, using a wooden spoon to push as much of the sauce through as possible.
- Stir in horseradish right before service.
- Garnish with chopped chives
CILANTRO CREAM FRAICHE
1/2 bunch cilantro, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cream fraiche
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Puree the cilantro and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- Place the puree in a bowl and fold in the sour cream and cream fraiche and blend together well.
- Season with the salt and the pepper
- Refrigerate for a tleast 1/2 hour to allow time for all the flavors to blend.